Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!




Another year has come to an end, a year full of memories good and bad. Life had it's ups and downs. And now that it is over, we all can start fresh, brand spankin' new. So cheers to Our New Year Resolutions. Want to hear mine?

NOTHING. 

Maybe I am the scrooge of New Years Resolutions, but you know what? What the eff ever. Who ever came up with resolutions anyways? And why do you have to have them on New Years? Say you decided you want to "get healthy" (like every other person in the world) but you come up with this idea in June, do you have to wait six months before you can make this resolution happen? Only to wait those six months for January 1st to roll around and break your resolution on day three because, hey...it was just a New Years Eve resolution, it's not like anyone will die from it, right?

There are two important lessons I have learned in 2013 and I wish to share them with you. Some of you may read these and be all like "whoa who pissed in her cheerios?" but for me, they are just honest realizations...

Stop taking everything so personal:
 Hey! Guess what! Not everything that happens in life is pretty. And not everything someone says to you is nice. Get.Over.It. Complaining on Facebook, bitching to a friend or crying yourself to sleep every night does only one thing, annoy the crap out of everyone else. So here is my resolution for you: Realize that every person in this world is different, they will not always agree with you. Doesn't make you wrong, and them right, it makes you an individual. If life is tough at this moment just remember you are in this tough place with the choices you have made, so rather than blaming it on "that black guy" or your boss who laid you off, realize I made the mistake along the way and I am going to learn from it. And please, learn from it. Which brings me to another resolution:

I will stop making the same mistakes over and over and over...and over:
Single again? Jobless again? Pissed off again? Sad again? Gaining weight again? I see it all the time. The same pattern happening over and over again and people wondering what they ever did to deserve such a fate. News flash! Have you realize through all the mistakes that have been made there is one constant denominator? YOU. So here is my resolution for you: I believe life is cyclical, kind of like the circle of life yah know? But there are things that you can change through this circle of constants. Such as reactions, expressions, emotions etc. If you feel like you constantly are being hurt in a relationship, change the relationship. Step outside of your comfort zone and pursue something outside of the box. Believe me, it is so worth it.

Those are two life lessons I feel I have learned, sometimes the hard way, in 2013. I have to say 2013 was a tough mother lovin' year and I am so happy to say ADIOS TURD NUGGET to it. I am open to 2014, I am open to the life lessons that will be thrown to me and I am open to the good that will come out of it, even if I have to drudge through the muck.

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

























No comments:

Post a Comment