Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

A few of my favorite things, Christmas style


When I think about Christmas or talk about it with my friends, family or some random person that I deem fit; I picture myself as this little bundle of joy from Despicable Me. The enthusiasm she has towards this fluffy unicorn is parallel to the enthusiasm I have towards Christmas. Christmas is AWESOME. I have been told many a times I am the reincarnated Mrs. Claus, and I am a-okay with that! Now for most Christmas Enthusiasts who suffer from OCD, Obsessive Christmas Disorder, there are a lot of triggers to knowing Christmas is almost here. From the lights going up around the tree, or the smell of cinnamon pine cones here are a few of my favorite signs that Christmas is arriving.

1) Halloween is over. 

That means break out the Christmas Pandora station and get the decorations ready! Yes, I skip right over Thanksgiving. I mean, I love food, family time and yadda yadda yadda, but Thanksgiving is straight up a filler til you get to Christmas. 

2) Egg Nog. O.M.G. Egg Nog. There are a variety of flavors from pumpkin spice and vanilla. Egg Nog is dope. Even better than regular Egg Nog, spiked Egg Nog! Egg Nog is the shiznit. And the fact that it is only around for a few short months signifies that Christmas is almost near.


3) Christmas Commercials. Okay, everyone calm down! I know you have your favorite too. I mean, I have at least twenty favorite Christmas Commercials, but I will try my hardest to pick my top three favorites. 

Pretty much any Coca Cola Christmas Commercial. However this one with the seal, is one of my all time favorites. Seriously, how cute is that little bugger with the big ole eyes!

I mean, come on! This is a classic one. You hear those sweet little chocolate morsels playing their little bells and you get excited. Admit it! I know you do.

And of course, how could you leave this beaut out. I actually just saw this one on TV last night for the first time, and not gonna lie, I was wicked pumped.

4)Christmas Songs on the Radio. Well we all know what the number one Christmas song on the radio is, drum roll please!
Yep. Mariah Carey takes the cake when it comes to Christmas Songs. Judge all you wish! Her version of  All I want by Christmas is epic. Go ahead, click the link, listen to her beauteous voice and get in the Christmas Spirit people!

I also very much enjoy the 12 Days of Christmas parody that is played on the local radio stations. Cracks me up every time!

5) Christmas specials. Lifetime, ABC, Disney you name it, I will watch it. How can you go wrong with the movie plot of a girl falling in love with a man only to find out he is....SANTA! Brilliant. Also the movies they play around Christmas time are also key to getting into the Christmas Spirit and knowing Christmas is upon us:
  • Elf
  • Home Alone (first and second only, don't even try to watch the third)
  • The Santa Claus (original is the best fo sho)
  • The Grinch (original and Jim Carrey version)
  • Polar Express
  • Old School Claymation Christmas movies.
  • Rudolph, Frosty and all the Gang!
  • A Christmas story, obviously! But in order to get the FULL affect, you need to watch 24 hours of it.
The list could go on and on. I love watching all these movies. The ABC 25 Days til Christmas countdown is something I live for every year.

6) And the last but definitely not least sign of Christmas arriving. You kid (s) constantly yelling I WANT THAT! to the television. Unless the commercial for this POS toy:

I mean seriously. What the hell is this thing anyways? It is called The Ugglys Pug Electronic Best Friend? Awesome, it farts and burps? Got that covered, thanks!




So these are a few of my favorite signs that Christmas is approaching. It is almost just a month away. Here check this Christmas Countdown Clock out. Don't worry guys, I keep this app on my phone too : )

Obsessed you say? No, no no. I am dedicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment