Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Breastiscles

Breasts. Tatas. Boobies. Jugs. Knockers...you get it right? All mammals have breasts. Men, women, gorillas...we've all got em. So my question is this...

What makes this okay


  And this not?


Believe me, I am not saying Channing Tatum shouldn't be photographed half naked...not even close, I am ALL FOR THAT. But to say that is okay, and the breastfeeding picture not, is somewhat incredibly hypercritical and sexist. If a woman has the cojones to publicly breastfeed, I am 100% in support of her. Breastfeeding is not meant to be sexual, provocative or dramatic. It is meant to feed and nourish a child. I am wondering if and when this "debate" will ever come to an end?

The fact that women are held to a "higher standard" when it comes to their body drives me nuts. I had a boyfriend back in college say to me "There is a difference between naked photos of a guy and a girl. Guys naked are funny, girls naked are sexual beings". SAY WHHHA?! I was shocked that he thought that, let alone said it out loud. A guy at the gym can prance around in shorts without anyone batting an eye, imagine a woman doing that. Lifting shirtless and bra less. I guarantee you, that woman would be asked to leave for sexual indecency.

I hope that breastfeeding women don't give into the "haters" of the breastfeeding world and still go on and do their thang. I mean look at this momma:



Now tell me, would you walk up to her and say put that away? Doubtful.























No comments:

Post a Comment